DHI Hair Transplant Overview
DHI Hair Transplant is the process of extracting hair follicles from the donor area via utilizing a micro motor and then transplanting them into the receipt site using a pen-like device that contains a hollow needle. The first thing that comes into mind when we say DHI is usually the FUE method, but there are actually some differences between the 2 methods.
What Are The Differences Between DHI Method And The Classic FUE Technique?
DHI method enables the hair transplant to be performed without shaving the head. Hair follicles are transplanted in about 1-2 minutes after the extraction process so they only remain outside the body for a very short time period. It is easier to transplant between hair strands if the patient has nonbalding areas on his/her scalp. It is possible to achieve higher density of hair, especially when the area to be transplanted is not spacious.
What Are The Disadvantages Of DHI Method?
- The operation lasts longer when compared to the classic FUE technique. As the method requires precision of the procedure, more attention and attentiveness is needed which, as a result will raise the overall cost of the operation.
- Since the process of opening the micro channels to transplant the extracted hair follicles is different from the classic FUE technique, it is important for operation to be performed by a specialist with in-depth knowledge and vast experience. As the micro channels are opened one at a time in the DHI method, if the surgical team is not experienced enough, inaccurate insertion angles may be created.
- If you would like to obtain further information on DHI technique or request a consultation at Beyondmed with our DHI Specialist, Dr Umar Khan, you can reach us from our contact numbers provided in our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do Before the Surgery at Beyondmed
Two weeks before the operation, it is better to completely avoid alcohol, (smokers – also from cigarettes). On the day of the operation, it is normal to spend a lot of your time in a horizontal position. Mild discomfort with the introduction of anaesthesia will last literally a second, and other pain during a hair transplant will no longer occur.
It is recommended not to get behind the wheel of the car immediately after the operation. This is to stop the seat making contact with the anti-inflammatory bandage that is applied after the operation is completed. At Beyondmed we have Chauffeur Service included to take care of patients. For a short while, you are restrained from doing sport. For many busy and successful men, especially managers and public people, it is very important after a hair transplant to get back into operation as quickly as possible. Most importantly, the fact of the transplant is private. The Beyond Med Centre guarantees absolute confidentiality of your treatment and even when just getting patient advice.
Is hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. A hair transplant is widely used for both men and women. However, it is more common for men to get the procedure.
Is there an age limit for hair transplant?
- Usually, patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUE hair transplants as a solution.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
- As a result of the strip method (FUT) it creates a linear scar on the back of the head.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.
Where can I get male hair transplant Surgery?
- Surgery can be performed at all our locations across London and the UK. In fact, all our surgeries and procedures can be done at any of these locations. This includes all cosmetic surgeries, hair transplants, hair treatments, and injectables.
- Harley Street, London.
- Kensington Olympia, London.
- City of London.
You can find out which location is best for you by contacting us here.
Men Hair Transplant (FUE)
Women Hair Transplant (FUE)
Beard Hair Transplant
Eyebrow Hair Transplant
Body Hair to Head Transplant